First off….I am totally, and utterly the crankiest, pissed off woman in the world right now. I originally sat down to write and let out some of this anger. But when I get to it, it’s just too much to write down. Where would I start? The drinking? Or perhaps the anger management? Or maybe the 20 missing Xanax pills (my prescription) that somehow got up and walked away? Suffice it to say, I’m at my wits end with the Husband. Yeah, I’ve said it before but this time it’s different. I really feel my heart breaking. I can’t get him to get any help, so I’ve decided to find a therapist for myself. I’m hoping that in time, I’ll be able to grow and heal, and have the strength to do what’s best for me and the kids. And in the mean time….I’ll just keep spending his money and yarn and fiber. *Sorry, I had to throw that in to make it sound slightly less depressing.* I need a girls day out.
Every January a slew of a-longs and destashes and no yarn buying groups pop up. I’ve tried one or two of the less ‘intense’ groups but I never lasted too long. A few days ago, I found a group on Ravelry. “Mission Possible, 2008″ The general idea is to find 12 things: balls of yarn, WIPS, UFOS, roving braids, etc… and use it, finish it, toss it, donate it, whatever, by December 31st. If you do not complete your goals, you have to donate what’s left. Sounds like motivation to me. I’m thinking 12 projects shouldn’t be too hard. Never mind the fact that I have 8 or 9 projects ahead of my 12 things. hehe
My list in no particular order:
1. Knit a pair of socks for the son.
2. Knit World of Warcraft hat for the hubby. It will be a black hat with the Horde logo in red intarsia. (hmmm… I might have to replace this project.)
3. Feather and Fan Handspun Shawl- I need to spin up 8 rovings into bulky weight yarn, and then knit this.
4. Icelandic Lace Shawl– need to start it, and finish it.
5. Rogue Pullover– cast on, and finish
6. Spin and ply one of the 4 bundles of Sock Hop roving from CMF. (8 oz. each)
7. Knit a sweater with brown cascade 220. It was knit into a cardigan well over three years ago (my first sweater) and was entirely too big. I frogged it, and the still kinky yarn still waits to be re-used.
8. Knit marilinda socks- I got the pattern and yarn as my only month of Scout’s Swag. Why haven’t I made these yet?
9. Orangina– this really needs to be made before the Fall so I can actually wear it this year as well.
10. Knit a pair of socks for my daughter.
11. Finish the Hug me tight shrug– just needs seaming and light blocking. I’ve been meaning to do it for 5 months or so.
12. Finish knitting Montego bay scarf– I’m knitting it with my handspun, but I’m bored with it.
I have everything I need for this list. Weeellll…a few more rovings to chose from for the shawl would be nice. But all the yarn is in house. That certainly makes things a little easier.